– The greatest vaule that money has is the extent to which it lets us live a great life
– We can most positively influence our clients lives by helping them to use the money they have to live a great life rather than using their lives to earn more money
– Life Centred Financial Planning can help you to see what’s possible and do more things. Life is not a rehearsal
– Be ambitious and aim as high as you possibly can
– Be prudent in your assumptions, get the bonus when things go well and maintain your lifestyle during the times things don’t go so well
– Financial Planning is an ongoing process, one that reflects your changing circumstances and priorities. Regular reviews are vital.
– Equities (shares) have been the best performing asset class since 1900 and are our favoured investment for long term investors
– Staying invested long term, at least 10 years, is crucial.
– Global stock markets are made up of some of the best, most innovative companies in the world. We believe that they will continue to thrive and generate good long term results for investors
– Pessimists are unlikely to do well investing as they will inevitably listen to the incessant negative “noise’’ about markets and eventually lose faith and withdraw from the market
– You should never take advice from the financial pages. Bad news increasingly sells newspapers and even in the best of times there are never any shortage of articles pondering the next great financial disaster
– When it comes to managing your investments, doing nothing is often the best course of action. As Warren Buffett says “Our favourite stock holding time is forever’’
You don't need the big plays to win; you just have to eliminate the dumb ones.